The One-Liner Challenge: 90s face cleanser
Haters will say we can’t create 19 funny, marketing one-liners in under an hour. We say haters are just confused fans.
We also say, “YES WE CAN, MOM, AND WE WILL PROVE IT!”
Meet: The One-Liner Challenge. A game where we are both the challengers and the executioners. It’s like win/win but the opposite.
- 1 brand or product
- A firestorm of one-liner campaign concepts
- Humor + fun = weapons of choice (duh)
- All concocted in under one hour
- Based solely off of the brief benefits they list on their home page or packaging. (Hell, we only have an hour, ok?? THERE’S NO TIME FOR A LARGER STRATEGY THAN THAT.)
- Play fast and loose
- Do your best
- Trying and bombing is better than never trying at all
- All’s fair in a creative ideation dump
- Champions never cry
We also welcome you to throw brand or product submissions our way to challenge the challengers. Just hit reply, ya dingos.
First up: Noxzema Original Cleansing Cream. Because everything from the 90s is back.
Here are the best of the bunch, in no particular order, and with a hearty dose of not taking ourselves too seriously. (To the 50+ we left on the cutting room floor: *shoulder squeeze*)
- Smells like a sleepover, works like a makeover.
- Skin so fresh and clean it inspired an Outkast song.
- Being an adult blows; but your face doesn’t have to show it.
- The world’s first breakout star. Literally.
- Tingles more than your first crush.
- Whoever smelt it, felt it (that Noxzema soft skin, that is).
- Clearing pores since 1920. (No, seriously.)
- Wipe that Friday night off your face.
- Noxzema to eczema: “Tag me in.”
- Because sleeping with your makeup on is like a bad one night stand: you’ll regret it in the AM.
- Passes the “baby butt cheek or adult face cheek?” confusion test.
- You’re tough as dirt. And now so is your face wash.
- Meteorologists lie, dermatologists don’t.
- Turns out, you can teach an old beauty staple new tricks.
- A lot of things happened in 1920. A guy named Ponzi came up with a sales scheme (bad). Noxzema is released to the masses (good).
- Always invigorated, often underrated.
- Helps fight actual zits, not the ones you earned in 1995 while playing Girl Talk.
- You never forget the first one to get that close to your skin.
- Leave the boujee skin regimen to the ‘influencers.’
What did YOU do in the last hour?